Indian Head Massage has been practiced in India for 4000 years.
It is based on the ancient Ayurvedic healing system in India.
- Ayurvedic medicine is a holistic healing system, which combines natural therapies and encompasses the mind, body and spirit.
- Ayurvedic means “the science of life”
- It strives to restore balance and inner harmony to the mind, body and spirit to improve the health of an individual.
- Indian women use oils in the hot climate as it helps to keep their hair shiny and in good condition.
- In certain parts of India, barbers refer to head massage as “champi” hence the name “Shampoo”.
What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian Head Massage is a treatment that involves the therapist using their hands to knead, rub and squeeze the body’s soft tissues, such as the muscles on the head, neck and shoulders.
The advantages with Indian Head Massage:
- You do not have to remove your clothes
- It can be done almost anywhere
- It can be carried out in a relatively short space of time
- It can be performed with or without oils
- No specialist equipment is required – just a chair and a pair of hands!